What you need to go online
YOUR DANCE SPACE
- Size – students will need approx 9 square metres (3×3). All hazardous obstacles must be moved. If on carpet and struggling to complete turns etc, you just do what you are able to do.
- Device set up – all video and microphones must be on when entering class. The camera to be set so we can see students from feet to fingertips when arms extended overhead and to the side. The device must also be set up so it doesn’t need to move when viewing myself standing or seated, from a student’s perspective when they are also standing or seated. During dance sequences you may end up out of shot at times and this is ok.
- Where possible please ensure younger siblings and animals are kept out of the class 😃
Once enrolment has been completed you will receive an information sheet on how to use Zoom. And once term payment is received, Zoom invite and password will be emailed to you.
- Arrival – students are to arrive up to 5 mins prior to class time. They will go into the zoom waiting area. Students are let in if they are enrolled and paid. If entering class late, students will be let in after warm up and then the class will be locked.
- Class Duration – students are not to leave the screen during class. Please remember to go to the toilet before start of class and ensure you have your water bottle and sweat towel before commencing class.
- Internet Issues – at times your internet may cut out or you may lag. Because of this all classes will be recorded and shared for the week… so you can happily practice at home!
ONLINE STUDIO INFORMATION
- Class Etiquette – just like a real class it is expected that students are well groomed and show respect to their teacher at all times. Any silly behaviour that is not beneficial to the class will not be accepted. Students will be given a warning and after this will simply not be allowed into the class if their behaviour is unfit for the class. There will be no refunds in this instance.
- Dance and Classical /Jazz Fusion – What to wear – dancers to wear tight fitted clothing so we can see form. Shorts or leotards are preferred, to see knee alignment but leggings are optional. Ballet or Jazz shoes are welcome but not essential. Hair in tidy ponytail, bun or french plait.
- Hip Hop Fusion – What to wear – hip hoppers to wear appropriate comfortable loose dance wear ie. clothes you can move in and sweat in. Students must wear sneakers. Long hair to be worn up and off the face.
- Parents – year 1&2 parents are welcome to help out when needed. All other classes, parents are also able to watch off screen. You can discuss and go over the class with your child at the conclusion of the class but under no circumstances are you to engage with the student during class. Students will be muted the majority of class but it will be obvious if they are talking to others. Please do not disrupt their focus. Devices are to be set up prior to class and should not need parent help after a few lessons. Remember to also allot practice times for your child after class.
- Attendance – students are required to attend 7 out of the 10 normal classes and must sit the assessment. Classes will continue as normal on all public holidays. Students are not to leave the zoom screen during class. Please remember to go to the toilet before start of class and ensure you have your water bottle and sweat towel before commencing class.
- Fees –Term fees are $60 per term, per class, per student. Term fees are due before commencement of classes and there are no refunds for missed classes. Students may join part way through the term but the term fees will not be prorated. Term fees are not refunded if you decide to stop DEVOS tuition.
- Most importantly we ask all students to be 100% focused and at all times to strive to be the best they can be, working at their maximum effort.