MiniGroovers is levelled at introducing young children to the joy of dance without the stress and extra cost of examinations and uniforms. Our teachers are experienced with pre-schoolers and although we focus on having fun, our goal is to set a disciplined dance environment in which we can lay the foundations of dance for their future.
- Our goal is to instill a love for dance and joy of movement. We teach this through Passion and Performance.
- We teach musicality – to count music, to notice changes in tempo, feel the emotion in music and to listen and dance to lyrics. The emphasis is for the student to find and capture their own inner emotions to dance, therefore we emphasise free movement and loss of self awareness.
- We teach techniques in which to learn dance moves, steps and choreography.
- Jazz, Hip-Hop and Classical techniques are studied in class. All genres are vital in learning to be a versatile dancer.
- This class is designed so that new students can join part-way through the year and still feel successful.
- Te Atamira, Remarkables Park Town Centre, Frankton, Queenstown
- Te Atamira is opposite Spotlight, Shop 101-11, Dart House,
- Tuesdays 3:30pm – 4:15pm
- Classes are only offered during the school term
- Classes resume Term 3 – July 25th
- $12 per class (payment to be made at class)
- No paying in advance for classes you might miss!
- This class is created for ages 3 and 4 years. Should a child turn 5 during term, they are welcome to stay in the afternoon class till a new term begins, or until they are confident to try the next age group.
- It is expected that students are at an age where they can focus on their own for 45mins and can follow direction.
What to wear:
- Anything goes as long as you can dance in it! Don’t forget layers as the weather gets colder.
- Barefoot preferably and sneakers for the funk part of class.
- Hair tied back and bring a drink bottle!
- Please do not bring toys etc.
- Our teachers are experienced with young children, if your child is happy you are more than welcome to leave them in our safe hands, have a coffee, do some errands and come watch the last part of class.
- If you wish to stay, you are welcome, we just ask that you do not chat, thank you.
How to enrol:
- Please fill out our quick registration form, by clicking —–>HERE
Introducing our Queenstown DEVOS Team
Have a question about any of our classes? Please fill out the form below