DANCE EVOLUTION STUDIOS QUEENSTOWN
Dance Evolution Studios was conceived to create dance classes that:
- Focus on the passion and fun of dancing
- Keep young people fit and active
- Teach technical skills in an exciting innovative way
- Empower young people to grow into successful adults in all aspects of their life by introducing mindful movement and gratitude into every class
- Dance Evolution Studios Queenstown is focused on bringing as many performance opportunities to students as possible.
QUEENSTOWN TIMETABLE 2021
Term 1, February 10th – April 15th
Arrowtown Community Centre
- 3.45-4.45pm – Dance Fusion – School years 1&2 (60mins)
- 4.45-5.45pm – Dance Fusion – School years 3&4 (60mins) FULL
- 5.45-7.00pm – Dance Fusion – School years 9+ (75mins)
- Teachers Anna Stuart and Patricia Kirchoff
- 1.45-2.30pm – Preschool Dance Fusion – aged 3&4 years (45mins) FULL
- 3.45-4.30pm – Musical Theatre – aged 7-10 years (45mins)
- 4.30-5.45pm – Dance Fusion – School years 5&6 (75mins)
- 5.45-6.30pm – Hip Hop Crew Class – School years 5-8 (45mins) FULL
- 6.30-8.00pm – Dance Fusion – School years 7&8 (90mins) FULL
- Teachers Anna Stuart and Sophie Thompson
*Please note that we are not taking enrolments for classes marked FULL, but please fill out contact form below if you wish to be placed on the waiting list.
Dance Fusion 60mins – $130 per term
Dance Fusion 75/90mins – $150 per term
Musical Theatre & Hip Hop Crew 45mins – $110 per term ($80 per term for those students enrolled in a Dance Fusion class)
*10% family discount on all term classes
* Preschool Classes are pay as you go, please read further.
Dance Fusion Classes are taught in a fun, workshop style environment of mixed ages with multiple teachers each sharing their individual knowledge and expertise.
- Dance Fusion teaches 3 genres of dance – jazz, contemporary and hip hop with a strong base in classical technique.
- Dance Fusion has a 60/75min format to ensure all styles are taught well whilst also developing student’s freestyle and choreography skills.
- Dance Fusion is focused on performance! Students will learn a technical aspect of each dance style and will integrate these into a dance to be performed for friends and family every term.
- Dance Fusion classes are recreational for all abilities. As the classes are performance based and not exam-based, students can join part way through the year.
Musical Theatre Class for 7-10 year olds, has been developed to help students gain skills in singing, acting and movement. We also teach basic tap skills to integrate into our performances. This fun class is open to all abilities. Fees are discounted for those students also enrolled in a dance fusion class. Students perform every term.
Hip Hop Crew Class for school years 5-8 teaches students hip hop routines with formations with the option to form a competition crew. This fun class is open to all abilities. Students perform every term.
Preschool Dance Fusion for 3&4yr olds:
- Preschool classes are levelled at introducing young children to the joy of dance without the stress and extra cost of examinations and uniforms. Our teachers are experienced with pre-schoolers and although we focus on having fun, our goal is to set a disciplined dance environment in which we can lay the foundations of dance for their future.
- We teach musicality – to count music, to notice changes in tempo, feel the emotion in music and to listen and dance to lyrics. The emphasis is for the student to find and capture their own inner emotions to dance, therefore we emphasise free movement and loss of self awareness.
- We teach jazz, ballet and hip hop techniques, as all genres are vital in learning to be a versatile dancer.
- This class is designed so that new students can join part-way through the year and still feel successful.
- Pay per class $13
Have a question about any of our classes? Please fill out the form below