Online Class Content
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR ONLINE DEVOS DANCE CLASS
*Dance Fusion for school year 1&2s is a recreational fun class, where we teach the basics of all dance genres. The focus is more on participation, fun and freestyle. There is no technical assessment, normal class will run on assessment dates
*For all other classes our focus is on keeping the body and brain dance fit whilst at home. The goal is also to continue to connect with each other and share our passion for dance.
- DEVOS Warm-Up: Mindful Movement and Gratitude is a constant in every class. Our aim is to perform the warmup without assistance, showing full integration of breath and mindful movement.
- Students will be taught core strength and flexibility exercises. Students are asked to practice these at home, taking note of their own personal growth in both strength and flexibility.
- Students will be taught a technical exercise. These will be assessed in week 7, via small group sessions. Personal detailed feedback is given to each student. Students are awarded either a resit, pass or pass with merit. Giving the student a goal to work towards.
- Dance sequences will be taught in class. Choreography will be built on each week, which will then be reiterated into a group performance / crew for our end of year show.
TECHNICAL ASSESSMENT for school years 3-13
What to expect in your assessment.
- Hip Hop Fusion Students present their assessment exercise and dance sequence.
- Classical Jazz Fusion students present their assessment exercise and core strength and flexibility exercise.
- Students receive a pass grade below and detailed individual feedback to continue to improve.
- Resit – student is given the option to resit the assessment when they are more confident in the knowledge of their work.
- Pass – student presents exercise on their own with few errors and shows technical understanding of the exercise.
- Pass with Merit – student presents exercise on their own with few errors and shows good technique whilst also performing with energy and facial expression.
The Dance Evolution class has been designed to incorporate in equal parts; fun, fitness and dance skills, whilst also teaching students to be present, to be thankful and to be humble.
TERM 3 INTENTION
Set yourself up for greatness, so you can be the most awesome amazing human being you can be.
DEVOS GOAL FOR 2020
Students hard work will be celebrated with an end of year dance performance – a celebration of getting through this year, learning to be kind to one another and being thankful for everything we have.